Sorry I’ve been M.I.A. lately…have been going through some life altering changes which have preoccupied every waking minute these past few months. Can’t say I’m close to seeing the proverbial “light at the end of the tunnel” but when I do, I’ll be sure to reconnect with ya’ll here, Instagram, YouTube and the old Facebook.
Thanks for your continued support and love my fellow rum lovers, I’ll see you all soon! But before I leave again, I just want to bring to your attention this stunning post-WWII era advertisement, The Rumbera. This poster is a symbol of vibrance, elegance and fun… and hopefully who I will morph into after all this dust settles 💃🏻
It’s been a little over a week since I landed back home in sunny Sydney from my month long rum travel – god it feels so good to be back in my own bed! Annoyingly though, half way through the last leg of my trip in London, I was struck down with a cold and only went and bloody lost my voice – not the best when I only ever come to London to see my family and friends once every two years! Cue my aunt fixing me up a glass of Hot Toddy (whisky, lemon, honey and water), which was surprisingly really tasty and super soothing on my throat.
Now I am back home, I have been on a mission to mock up my own delicious, rum based Hot Toddy to soothe all future sore throats. It took quite a bit of perfecting, but I am pleased to introduce you all to my little baby:
Kara’s Rum Toddy
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 60ml water
- 2tsp Manuka honey
- 60ml Bacardi Ocho 8 Year Old Rum
- Cinnamon stick
- Grating of Nutmeg
1. Place all your spices and lemon peel into a small pan.
2. Pour water into said pan and begin to gently simmer over a low heat.
3. Add your honey into the pan once it has begun to simmer- I use Manuka honey for it’s healing properties.
4. Pour in your choice of rum – I chose Bacardi Ocho 8 Year Old Rum for this due to its very smooth and fruity tones.
5. Pour your Toddy into a heat proof glass- feel free to taste for sweetness.
6. Top with a little nutmeg, breathe that bad-boy in deeply and enjoy.
What did you think guys. How did my Toddy compare to all the others you have tried? Leave me a message below as I would love to know 🍹
Photography © by Kara’s Rum Quest – Copyright: All rights reserved.
This article is posted on karasrumquest.com – All rights reserved – Copyright © 2016.